At the Feet of the King
Welcome!

Thank you for your interest in joining the forum!

If you decide to register, there's just one simple thing we ask you to do before posting.

After your account has been activated, please visit the "Regarding the Forum" section and answer the form in the "Membership questions - please answer first" thread. You may either message your answers to the Admin or post them in the thread.

Once your answers are received, they will be reviewed by the Moderators. Please be a little patient with them because they live in several time zones, so it could take up to 24 hours. You will then receive a PM informing you of the decision.

Please refrain from making any posts in other sections of the forum until you have done this, otherwise we will have to count this as a first violation.

Any questions about this, please feel free to contact a member of the mod team.

Thank you!
At the Feet of the King
Welcome!

Thank you for your interest in joining the forum!

If you decide to register, there's just one simple thing we ask you to do before posting.

After your account has been activated, please visit the "Regarding the Forum" section and answer the form in the "Membership questions - please answer first" thread. You may either message your answers to the Admin or post them in the thread.

Once your answers are received, they will be reviewed by the Moderators. Please be a little patient with them because they live in several time zones, so it could take up to 24 hours. You will then receive a PM informing you of the decision.

Please refrain from making any posts in other sections of the forum until you have done this, otherwise we will have to count this as a first violation.

Any questions about this, please feel free to contact a member of the mod team.

Thank you!
At the Feet of the King
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We love Him because He first loved us; we serve Him because He first served us.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Poll - spiritual direction of the forum

Go down 
+3
Elisabeth
Katy
Admin
7 posters

What do you see as the forum's spiritual direction?
1) Discussion/devotional thread on a set topic.
Poll - spiritual direction of the forum Vote_lcap31%Poll - spiritual direction of the forum Vote_rcap
 31% [ 4 ]
2) Read a book of the Bible together.
Poll - spiritual direction of the forum Vote_lcap38%Poll - spiritual direction of the forum Vote_rcap
 38% [ 5 ]
3) Re-invent how we did devotionals.
Poll - spiritual direction of the forum Vote_lcap0%Poll - spiritual direction of the forum Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
4) I have my own idea (please tell us!)
Poll - spiritual direction of the forum Vote_lcap0%Poll - spiritual direction of the forum Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
5) I'm happy with the forum as a chit-chat place.
Poll - spiritual direction of the forum Vote_lcap31%Poll - spiritual direction of the forum Vote_rcap
 31% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 13

AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 234
Registration date : 2008-09-22

Poll - spiritual direction of the forum Empty
PostSubject: Poll - spiritual direction of the forum   Poll - spiritual direction of the forum EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 9:19 am

Over the last few months, the mods have occasionally received feedback that has been positive about this place's 'hanging out with other Christians' atmosphere, but has expressed concern or discontent that it doesn't have enough of a spiritual direction. We have thought about this for quite some time and have come up with a few options that we like. Therefore, we are asking the members to vote for the option they prefer, so that we can put in place whatever appeals to most people - options as follows:

1) Having a regular discussion/devotional thread on a non-controversial spiritual topic (for example, the fruits of the Spirit and not pre-destination Razz). The topic will be pre-selected and kept up for a set amount of time - say, two weeks - and people will be encouraged to discuss what it means to them or to give any devotional thoughts they might have. Hijacking not allowed!

2) Reading through one of the shorter books of the Bible together, such as Ruth or the shorter letters. Everyone will be given a set amount of time to read the book before it is opened up for discussion.

3) Re-inventing the devotional thread. If all the active members agreed to go on a devotional rota, then they would only have to be "on duty" a couple of times a month. Whereas before people were encouraged to write their own devotionals - which seemed to put quite a few off the idea - this time they will be asked to write out whichever devotional they read that day. Of course, writing your own will still be more than acceptable! As we probably all use different devotionals, we should get a nice mixture this way.

4) If you have any different ideas that you think might work, please say so and explain them to us. We would welcome suggestions. Smile

5) An option just in case you don't want this forum to be anything other than a chit-chat place!
Back to top Go down
https://kingsfeet.forumotion.net
Katy
Mod
Katy

Number of posts : 3823
Registration date : 2008-09-23

PostSubject: Re: Poll - spiritual direction of the forum   Poll - spiritual direction of the forum EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 6:21 pm

I like all three! Smile
Back to top Go down
http://rejoicinginmydivineromance.blogspot.com

PostSubject: Re: Poll - spiritual direction of the forum   Poll - spiritual direction of the forum EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 6:48 pm

All three what? All three of the five?
Back to top Go down
Elisabeth

Elisabeth

Number of posts : 6676
Registration date : 2008-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Poll - spiritual direction of the forum   Poll - spiritual direction of the forum EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 7:56 pm

My honest opinion is that every attempt to make a forum more religious ends up being a short-lived attempt, and then people decide that just the natural flow of things works better. So...I voted 5 - what will be will be.
Back to top Go down
Katy
Mod
Katy

Number of posts : 3823

PostSubject: Re: Poll - spiritual direction of the forum   Poll - spiritual direction of the forum EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 10:23 am

RebeccaMc wrote:
All three what? All three of the five?

sorry, I meant all three of the ideas of things to do to make this an edifying place rather than just chit-chat.
Back to top Go down
http://rejoicinginmydivineromance.blogspot.com
Alyce

Alyce

Number of posts : 3375

PostSubject: Re: Poll - spiritual direction of the forum   Poll - spiritual direction of the forum EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 1:18 am

I'm with Elisabeth. I think we've tried a few different ways that haven't really stuck much. And even "non-controversial" topics could and will become easily controversial! We've seen that happen before. In fact, honestly, if people really wanted it to be "more Christian" they would've already done something about it. I don't see why people would suddenly do something that they haven't already, even when they complain about it not being Christian enough. They're all great ideas, I'm not saying that they aren't! But I just think that it's almost... hypocritical DUCK! for people to complain about the spiritual side of the forum but not do anything about it until someone else does it first.
Back to top Go down
http://blossomheartquilts.blogspot.com
Rose J.

Rose J.

Number of posts : 827
Registration date : 2009-09-16

PostSubject: Re: Poll - spiritual direction of the forum   Poll - spiritual direction of the forum EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 1:39 am

I would really enjoying reading through a book of the Bible. That's what I voted. Smile
Edit: I also love this forum for chit-chat, but I think it would be nice to read a book of the Bible and discuss it. Obviously people can choose not to participate, but I think it's a great idea!
Back to top Go down
Larissa
Mod
Larissa

Number of posts : 7591

PostSubject: Re: Poll - spiritual direction of the forum   Poll - spiritual direction of the forum EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 6:47 am

Alyce wrote:
But I just think that it's almost... hypocritical DUCK! for people to complain about the spiritual side of the forum but not do anything about it until someone else does it first.

True... but it doesn't deny the fact that people have stated they want something different. And as moderators, we thought that the responsibility for doing something falls on us (given that no one else has done something).

As Apples has said, if someone doesn't want to participate, they don't have to. Please keep that in mind!
Back to top Go down
Alyce

Alyce

Number of posts : 3375

PostSubject: Re: Poll - spiritual direction of the forum   Poll - spiritual direction of the forum EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 6:56 am

Fair enough Smile
Back to top Go down
http://blossomheartquilts.blogspot.com
Elisabeth

Elisabeth

Number of posts : 6676
Registration date : 2008-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Poll - spiritual direction of the forum   Poll - spiritual direction of the forum EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 7:45 am

Yeah I understand that when several members make a request, it's your job to try your best to meet it. Smile It's all good.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Sr. Mod
Rachel

Number of posts : 7440

PostSubject: Re: Poll - spiritual direction of the forum   Poll - spiritual direction of the forum EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 8:01 am

Sparkling4Him wrote:
Alyce wrote:
But I just think that it's almost... hypocritical DUCK! for people to complain about the spiritual side of the forum but not do anything about it until someone else does it first.

True... but it doesn't deny the fact that people have stated they want something different. And as moderators, we thought that the responsibility for doing something falls on us (given that no one else has done something).

As Apples has said, if someone doesn't want to participate, they don't have to. Please keep that in mind!

Haha, I was going to say both these things but Larissa got there first! Very Happy See this as a second mod back-up statement. Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Poll - spiritual direction of the forum   Poll - spiritual direction of the forum EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 2:23 pm

I think we should leave it the way it is, We are all so varied in our opinions. that trying to get the forum a "over all" thing rather then our individual ways. Won't end well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Poll - spiritual direction of the forum   Poll - spiritual direction of the forum Empty

Back to top Go down

Poll - spiritual direction of the forum
Page 1 of 1