At the Feet of the King
Welcome!

Thank you for your interest in joining the forum!

If you decide to register, there's just one simple thing we ask you to do before posting.

After your account has been activated, please visit the "Regarding the Forum" section and answer the form in the "Membership questions - please answer first" thread. You may either message your answers to the Admin or post them in the thread.

Once your answers are received, they will be reviewed by the Moderators. Please be a little patient with them because they live in several time zones, so it could take up to 24 hours. You will then receive a PM informing you of the decision.

Please refrain from making any posts in other sections of the forum until you have done this, otherwise we will have to count this as a first violation.

Any questions about this, please feel free to contact a member of the mod team.

Thank you!
At the Feet of the King
Welcome!

Thank you for your interest in joining the forum!

If you decide to register, there's just one simple thing we ask you to do before posting.

After your account has been activated, please visit the "Regarding the Forum" section and answer the form in the "Membership questions - please answer first" thread. You may either message your answers to the Admin or post them in the thread.

Once your answers are received, they will be reviewed by the Moderators. Please be a little patient with them because they live in several time zones, so it could take up to 24 hours. You will then receive a PM informing you of the decision.

Please refrain from making any posts in other sections of the forum until you have done this, otherwise we will have to count this as a first violation.

Any questions about this, please feel free to contact a member of the mod team.

Thank you!
At the Feet of the King
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We love Him because He first loved us; we serve Him because He first served us.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Disappoinment in this forum

Go down 
+8
Musicgirl...
MommaDayDream
Rachel
Larissa
Admin
Alyce
SuedeKnight
stlynz
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
MommaDayDream

MommaDayDream

Number of posts : 626
Registration date : 2009-01-06

Disappoinment in this forum - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disappoinment in this forum   Disappoinment in this forum - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 8:22 pm

I'm not trying to stir things up and apologies if I do but one thing kinda struck me- not everyone's mind works like mine, but I've been in a place where I've had a chip on my shoulder and an "OH YEAH?!!" attitude toward Christians, especially Conservitave Christians. I'm not confrontational, but if I were I think I would have relished the idea of going to a mostly conservitave type forum and stirring the hive.

I guess when I read that she said "well why don't you just ban me?" that sounded to me like a challenge. Like a "prove me right that you're all the same, you're all homophobic closed minded jerks!!" (Mind you I don't feel that way anymore, and I don't think that of anyone here!!!) And by banning her, all we did was give her the satisfaction of being right, and now she (hopefully won't ) may have been knocked 40 steps back on her walk toward God.

I'm not criticizing the mods, please know that, I wasn't trying to sound like that, please forgive me if I did. I didn't know LGBT well, but she SEEMED to have a chip on her shoulder against Christians and people in general, and I've BEEN there I've BEEN her, in more ways than one. I was at a point where I considered myself Bisexual, but...that was many years ago, and I don't relate to that anymore. It wasn't an Epiphany or demon exercising (although I had several "well meaning" people I didn't even know suggest it to me and attempt to try) I just naturally moved away from it, so maybe I wasn't truly Bi. I just... had a real attitude against Christianity because I had been really hurt by that community. I guess when I read that she challenged the mods to ban her, it was really just that...a challenge masking a plea to not ban her...I don't know. That's all.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Disappoinment in this forum   Disappoinment in this forum - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 8:33 pm

Quote :
I guess when I read that she said "well why don't you just ban me?"
that sounded to me like a challenge. Like a "prove me right that you're
all the same, you're all homophobic closed minded jerks!!" (Mind you I
don't feel that way anymore, and I don't think that of anyone here!!!)
And by banning her, all we did was give her the satisfaction of being
right, and now she (hopefully won't ) may have been knocked 40 steps
back on her walk toward God.
I agree, I picked up several times she was trying to prove that all christians are the same. And she wanted to know that maybe a few of them weren't all the same and would love her. She never mentioned a friend that supported her. Or a family member, All she mentioned was books. Videos, articles and quotes. I don't think she knew how to express what she wanted other then just arguing and offending people.
Back to top Go down
stlynz

stlynz

Number of posts : 163
Registration date : 2008-09-23

PostSubject: Re: Disappoinment in this forum   Disappoinment in this forum - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 8:47 pm

I just want to point out that she IS a Christian. And she had friends here. There probably was an expectation that a conservative community wouldn't accept her, though, and so she was probably defensive about it. It would have been nice if the situation had worked out better, on both sides. It's hard when there's so much misunderstanding between people/groups.
Back to top Go down
http://stlyn.livejournal.com

PostSubject: Re: Disappoinment in this forum   Disappoinment in this forum - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 11:46 pm

stlynz wrote:
I just want to point out that she IS a Christian.

I thought that at first, but when I learned more things about her through PMs, I couldn't see how she could possibly be a Christian. I was willing to give her the benefit of the doubt, but there's not a lot in there that reflects Christ.
Back to top Go down
Larissa
Mod
Larissa

Number of posts : 7591
Registration date : 2008-09-23

PostSubject: Re: Disappoinment in this forum   Disappoinment in this forum - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 11:58 pm

Please remember that this is not a thread for discussing whether or not we believe Lisa was a Christian. In fact, NO thread is that place... it is impossible for man to decide whether or not someone else is saved. Nor is it polite to do so.
Back to top Go down
Musicgirl...

Musicgirl...

Number of posts : 893
Registration date : 2008-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Disappoinment in this forum   Disappoinment in this forum - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 12:12 am

Either way, it doesn't really matter. Actions have consequences, whether one is a Christian or not, and we should be thankful that the leadership on this forum is willing to do what's best for the whole. We all love Lisa and wish the best for her, but it may not have been, as the mods have decided, the best for the whole if she stuck around. Actions do have consequences, that's all. I'm sure that if she did her best to step up to the plate, grace and forgiveness would be extended. It's not like this forum is hard-hearted or something, but in order to maintain an atmosphere that is pleasing to God and creates the most unity amoung members, the leadership sometimes has to make tough calls.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Disappoinment in this forum   Disappoinment in this forum - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 12:15 am

Sparkling4Him wrote:
Please remember that this is not a thread for discussing whether or not we believe Lisa was a Christian. In fact, NO thread is that place... it is impossible for man to decide whether or not someone else is saved. Nor is it polite to do so.

Agreed. He is the judge, not us.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Disappoinment in this forum   Disappoinment in this forum - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 12:19 am

Quote :
I thought that at first, but when I learned more
things about her through PMs, I couldn't see how she could possibly be
a Christian. I was willing to give her the benefit of the doubt, but
there's not a lot in there that reflects Christ.

James 4:12
There is only one Lawgiver and Judge, the one who is able to save and destroy. But you—who are you to judge your neighbor?

I'd be careful with judging her salvation Rebecca, God clearly says we have no right too, and says its wicked.

Just remember ( to all of you ) rather or not she should have been banned or not, Her "sin" was no worse then anything any of us have ever done.. it may cause worse consequences in her present life right now or cause her unhappiness. but its no worse and God loves her just as much. So be careful that no body gets a better then thou, Or I know whole truth attitude. We, and myself need forgiveness just as much as her or anyone else on the planet.
Back to top Go down
Heidi
Sr. Mod
Heidi

Number of posts : 5961
Registration date : 2008-09-25

PostSubject: Re: Disappoinment in this forum   Disappoinment in this forum - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 3:22 am

I just locked this thread because as far as I can see, opinions have been presented and now we seem to be going around in circles. Thank you all for sharing and understanding. I think now is a good time to drop the matter and move on!

I also want to take the time to urge you all to examine yourselves and to grow closer to the Lord! Let us be like iron sharpening iron - not tearing each other down or debating pointless things! Let's encourage one another and build each other up Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Disappoinment in this forum   Disappoinment in this forum - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Disappoinment in this forum
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2